Customer portal for statutory inspection and
You are here: Home
/ Customer portal for statutory inspection and certification
Customer portal for statutory inspection and certification
legacy customer portal with a modern technology stack and mobile friendly user interface for a lifting and
handling equipment test house.
Lifting and Handling Ltd (LHS) is a
nation wide independent test house that provides statutory inspections and certifications of plant and machinery
for both public bodies and the private sector. The previous version of the customer portal was a first
generation web application. Although advanced for its time, it now lacked the functionalities of next generation
web and mobile applications. Corballis engaged with LHS in an iterative modernisation process to re-build their
system. The new system allowed LHS to enhance their existing customers’ experience with improved reporting,
navigation and system performance while keeping a familiar look and feel.
The customer portal underwent a
major technology upgrade to a responsive frontend framework and an enterprise grade backend system.
Additionally, Corballis integrated a state of the art document management system along with customisable
dashboards and flexible reporting system.
To ensure that lifting and handling equipment is inspected and serviced in accordance with National and
European legislation, Corballis was required to implement a technology solution to support:
- analysis and reporting across a large asset register with 300,000 plant items
- asset tracking of equipment over multiple sites nationwide
- inspection to a professional standard: BS EN ISO/IEC 17020:2012 Bodies
- 24/7 online access to customer equipment data
- enhanced security (communication over SSL), reliability and resiliency
- storing and searching of large quantities of documents
- interactive dashboards with charts, gauges and tables
- advanced reporting with on the fly PDF export functionality
- any devices (desktop, tablet, phone) regardless of their resolution
C.L.A.S.S. (Computerised Legal and Statutory Services) system meets the highest standards for statutory
inspection and certification. The solution allows for a fully transparent and accountable inspection process.
- Java – We prefer using the Java
programming language that allows us
to build highly concurrent and scalable applications.
- Spring Framework – Using Spring and
Spring Boot allowed us to rapidly release early prototypes of the application and it also provides a
strong and proven platform for building enterprise grade applications.
- MSSQL / Hibernate – Data persistence is
managed with the proven combination of Microsoft MSSQL and Hibernate.
- AngularJS – Our solution is a single page
application (SPA) built using the state of the art AngularJS library.
- Pentaho Report Designer – Embeddable,
Java based report designer tool that is capable of generating real-time reports from databases.
- Alfresco – whenever there is a need for a
document management system, we always choose the open source Alfresco DMS.