Border security passenger screening
You are here: Home
/ Border security passenger screening
Border security passenger screening
a border security passenger screening application for an international client and border security agency.
Passenger screening and risk
profiling can be unpredictable by nature and require fast response times. This information is not always
accurate. Data sources are diverse e.g. immigration systems, national watchlists, traveller records/history,
visas as well as external sources such as Interpol’s lost and stolen records. Corballis’ client requested us to
implement a real-time and scalable passenger screening system that can be integrated with various data sources
and provides response times in the milliseconds range.
We delivered a custom analytic
tool which aids border security agents to analyse connections between passengers and targets in near
real-time. The implemented system architecture allows border security agencies to handle hundreds of
millions of passenger records each year without any impact on the system’s performance. The solution
leveraged Corballis’ innovative graph visualisation library, which supported the graphical representation of
people and the connections between them in the form of a graph that can be used to execute complex search
queries, revealing hidden patterns and linkages. This tool allows users to search and view visualisation
networks in near real-time.
Analytics services included:
- Advanced passenger screening module based on a distributed NoSQL and graph
- roles and responsibilities
- Integration with third party data sources (watch lists, lost and stolen
records, immigration systems, etc.)
- Automatic data quality management (data cleansing, de-duplication, auto
correction of mistakes, validation, etc.)
- Advanced searching capabilities (fuzzy matching, “more like this” querying,
- Target profile management
- Scalable architecture
The Corballis visualisation library supported the following functions:
- Accessing of huge amounts of data in easily digestible visuals
- Interactive visualisations make it easy to explore and analyse large
quantities of passenger data
- Highlighting of exceptions and outliers
- Customisable flight and passenger network visualisation
- Intelligent layout mechanisms to make sense of data easily
- Rich set of interactive controls
- Zooming, panning, drag & drop support
- Dynamic filtering of the visualisation to allow drill-down and roll up
- Export the visualisations to a wide range of formats (images, JSON, PDF,
The following implementation is based on the following Corballis solutions
Visualisation enables decision makers to see analytics presented clearly, allowing them to understand difficult concepts or reveal hidden patterns. With our extensive experience in interactive visualisation solutions, we can ensure that your users can easily identify relationships and patterns, and pinpoint emerging trends in your data.
Do you have large quantities of data that seems valuable, but do not know what to do with it? Corballis offers the necessary data science skills that businesses are lacking. We offer solutions for data collection, data organisation, advanced analysis, data visualisation and scalability.
Large scale message processing
Corballis expertise in system integration can help your business achieve optimal, efficient and reliable interoperation between your services. We work with organisations to transition from fragile integration solutions to elegant message processing that streamlines and manages your enterprise data.
profiling was once a manual and tedious process based on high level and generic rules, our solution facilitates
the targeting of much more granular and accurate profiles ensuring a more streamlined and efficient screening
process. The operator is no longer concerned with too much data at any one time as the system was designed to
cope with hundreds of millions of passenger records in real-time.