What is it?
Java is a programming language and computing platform. Java is fast, secure, and reliable. From laptops to datacenters, game consoles to scientific supercomputers, cell phones to the Internet, Java is everywhere.
Why do we use it?
Java has a vast array of excellent libraries and frameworks for solving most of the common problems one needs to solve when developing enterprise applications. This rich ecosystem allows us to boost our development speed significantly.
Picking the right technology stack for a project nowadays is a challenging task due to the countless number of programming languages and frameworks available on the market. Java has been around for many years and it will be around for many years to come giving us the confidence that our solutions can adapt to our client’s needs long after the initial development of the project.
How can you benefit from using it?
If you choose to build your applications using Java, you will benefit from it for several reasons:
- Java is the de facto standard for enterprise applications. 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies use Java.
- You can run your application on any platform due to Java’s cross-platform nature.
- The Java programming language has become one of the most sought-after programming skills in the developer world. This will ensure that you can easily find developers to further develop your applications in the future.
Our experience with Java
Take a look at the following projects where we used Java as the main programming language.
- Border security passenger screening
- C.L.A.S.S – Statutory inspection and certification program
- Airline and travel data processing
- Automatic analysis and real time monitoring
- Air traffic management safety
- System safety performance management
- Human and organisational factors taxonomy
- Corballis Analytics Tool
- Corballis Safety Management System